Monday, June 06, 2005


I did this for a neighbor, whose new Sure-Fit (ugh) didn't fit over the cushions AND draped badly in the channels and over the exposed decorative wood. The plan was to cover the channels and wood with Dacron and muslin, and try to squeeze enough fabric out of the slip to make cushions covers (with new fabric on unexposed sections). I got as far as the Dacron/muslin - as I said before, it took forever, looked sloppy around the edges (but, again - I don't know HOW it's supposed to look). The slip DID look much better over the newly covered sections, but she ended up tearing everything off because she had holiday parties to host before I could fabricate the cushions.

No comments: