Friday, June 18, 2010

Slipcover Design Contestant N

This charming swivel rocker is a Goodwill Store find belonging to my daughter

Since I was working with limited yardage, I used lining for the deck and used a band around the edge much like a bedskirt. I always embroider my business information and cleaning instructions on the deck.

The main fabric is an Asian themed linen toile by Covington. The contrast fabric is an old Robert Allen stripe. The frog closure is by Woven Materials.

Hand stitched tucks were placed on the inside back to camouflage the button tufting. I serged and hemmed the outside back, side, and front pieces with double sided tape before pinning. I used the reverse pin method to fabricate the slipcover.


This is a secret ballot -- PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR VOTE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION!

Voting starts on June 21st and ends June 25th at 9am.

To cast your ballot, please submit your top choices.

___1st Place
___ 2nd place
___ 3rd Place

Send your choice to slipcovernetwork@gmail.com

No comments: