Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Project Hallway" first challenge!

This was a hard challenge! Thin slippery sheets and stretchy knit jammies are not that easy to whip into a slipcover! Pictured is what I started with; striped pajama bottoms and a t-shirt from last year's upholstery event. I grabbed an old sheet from the basement....it's actually kind of smelly and stained. Lucky for you  this photo isn't in smell-o-vision....
I'm still working on the lumbar pillow made of the t-shirt, but here's the slipcover design I came up with:
Tomorrow I'll post a before and after with my finished pillow. My "fashion forward" design includes the pillow headrest buttoned to the top of the inside back. Also, I opted not to make padded underwear to camoflage the original attached pillowback. Instead I sewed in 2 ruched panels (I learned that term from watching previous episodes of Project Runway :) I can't wait to see your designs!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sooo creative Kim! I love it!

Pat Reese said...

Utterly Sensational!!! Your deisgn and workmanship is tops!!!

Pat Reese