I took your slipcover class at the Worcester Expo this spring. I learned a great deal, and I enjoyed meeting you and talking with you I had brought a picture of an armchair that presented several problems, and you gave me advice. Based on what I learned in the class, I have completed the slipcover.
My husband does not like a "saggy" look, so I made it very fitted with snap tape along one rear side. Also, the cushion is attached, so I did as you suggested and made it look like a separate piece with welting (which I also made per your directions!)
Here are the before and after pictures, and a picture of it in the bedroom. I had previously made the canopy. After I took these pictures, I bought an accent fabric and made some pillows for the chair and the bed, and finished trimming the canopy with fringe. It is now the nicest bedroom I have ever had.
Naomi G. Lipsky